Online Student Attributes
Here is a list of necessary skills for a successful online school experience. Does this describe you?
- I am a self-motivated and self-disciplined individual.
- I am able to work independently with little direction.
- I have good time-management skills that allow me to schedule specific times throughout a week to work on my online course.
- I can adequately prepare and study for exams.
- I can effectively communicate any questions or concerns to my instructor.
- I am comfortable expressing myself in writing using grammatically correct, written statements and/or essays.
- I am not a procrastinator.
- I like to get things done today and not tomorrow.
- I will not miss the face-to-face interaction with my instructor and classmates.
- I do not give up easily, even when confronted with obstacles.
- I am comfortable spending five plus hours each week on a course to review course lectures/videos, complete course assignment, participate in chats and threaded discussions, etc.
- I agree that online courses can be more challenging than face-to-face classes. I consider myself an average to above-average reader.
- I have basic computer skills and can use word processing software, download software, install software, use a web browser, etc.
- I have access to a computer that is connected to the Internet and have a backup plan if something happens to my computer.
- I am comfortable in a "virtual environment" - email, sending attachments, threaded discussions, chat rooms, etc.